‘Total eclipse in the park;’ BNR guide invites people for eclipse
The first total solar eclipse in more than 60 years will occur this coming Monday afternoon and Buffalo National River park has some places in the park would be optimal locations for the event.
On the day of the eclipse there are several places in the Buffalo National River Park to view the event, including:
• Hedges Pouroff on Cave Mountain Road, which is the road leading to the Hawksbill Crag Trailhead.
• Boxley Valley.
• Roark Bluff at Steel Creek.
• Tyler Bend Visitor Center.
• Buffalo Point south of Yellville on Highway 14. Ray said an eclipse watch party will begin there at 1 p.m.
• Ozark Campground. Ray said an eclipse watch party will begin there at 12:30 p.m.